- 2 Packs of 8 oz. Fresh Sliced White FunGuy Mushrooms (lightly brushed clean with a damp paper towel)
- 8 oz Whole Wheat Spaghetti Noodles, cooked & drained
- 10 oz Package Frozen Snow Peas
- 4 oz Prepared Shredded Carrots
- 1 White Onion, peel, slice, cut in half, then cut into eight wedges
- 4 Celery Stalks, cleaned & cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 Bunch Green Onion, cleaned thoroughly and diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 8 oz Bell Pepper Slices (clean, cut in half, then in long slices)
- 6 oz Unsalted, Halved, Prepared Peanuts
- Sesame Oil
- 4 TBSP Bottled Hoisin Sauce
- 2 TBSP Soy Sauce
- 2 TBSP Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sriracha Chili Sauce (or more if you like it hot)
Stir-fry is the perfect solution for all those leftover veggies staring at you from your fridge. When you make FunGuy Mushrooms the star of this spicy stir fry, you can finally quell that never-ending yearning for mushrooms. *Disclaimer: This tasty dish will suspend your never-ending yearning for mushrooms for only a few hours. FunGuy cannot be held responsible for any midnight kitchen raids for seconds.
To start, heat a large pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add sesame oil and then add the white onions. Sautee until they are beginning to soften. Add the mushrooms and continue cooking until golden brown. Add the green pepper, carrots, and celery. Cook until softened. Add the snow peas and garlic and continue cooking for about three minutes, or until cooked through. Set the veggies aside.
Prepare some “Savory Stir-Fry Sauce”: 4 TBSP Bottled Hoisin Sauce + 2 TBSP Soy Sauce + 2 TBSP Rice Wine Vinegar + 1 tsp Sriracha Chili Sauce (or more if you like it hot). Mix and set aside.
Reheat your pan over medium-high heat and add more sesame oil. (You can prepare two servings of stir fry at a time in an average-size skillet or wok.) Add half of the cooked vegetable mixture, heat until just warm. Add half of the cooked spaghetti noodles, mix, and cook until heated through. Add the Savory Stir-Fry Sauce until the mixture is coated. Add 1½ ounces of peanuts and stir again. Plate a portion and garnish with diced green onions and repeat until you’re out of veggie mix.
When chefing up a stir fry, don’t be scared to experiment. FunGuy Mushrooms welcome almost any veggie or meat to their delicious “wok-n-roll” party! Tip: If you can, stop by an Asian market the sauce ingredients to save a couple of bucks.
Photo by Foodie In Disguise