- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8oz package of sliced FunGuy white button mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded roasted turkey
- 4 biscuits
- ½ cup creamed spinach (or fresh spinach leaves)
- ¼ cup cranberry chutney or sauce
- 2 oz blue cheese
Two things that everyone looks forward to the day after Thanksgiving; leftover pie for breakfast and a variety of different ways to stuff the savory turkey day bits into a sandwich!
This year, we suggest you make it a FunGuy sandwich. One that includes freshly sautéed FunGuy mushrooms, leftover biscuits, roasted turkey, creamed spinach, sweet cranberry, and a bit of sharp blue cheese.
You’ll be able to have a sandwich so good that hiding couple of biscuits (and a few other key ingredients) on the big day is highly suggested!
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add in the mushrooms and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned. Add the roasted turkey and cook 2-3 minutes, just to warm the turkey a bit. Transfer to a bowl. Add the creamed spinach to the pan and cook 1-2 minutes, just so that it’s heated through. Turn off the heat.
- Cut open each of the biscuits and spread the cranberry sauce or chutney on each side. Spread a spoonful of the spinach on the bottom then add the mushrooms and turkey to the middle, and top with the blue cheese. Place the other half biscuit on top. Repeat with the rest of the sandwich fillings and biscuits.
- Serve immediately.
Have a Fun meal!