- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8oz package of sliced FunGuy white button mushrooms
- 1 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 large whole wheat tortillas
- ¼ cup shredded cheese
- ¼ cup shredded lettuce
Give everyone something they can really bite into during this Sunday’s sports game! And by bite, we mean BIG bite sized tostadas piled high with some spicy FunGuy mushrooms and shredded chicken.
Not only is this recipe worthy of game day food, but it’s also a healthy alternative to those cheesy nachos, greasy chips, or that fried chicken!
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add in the FunGuy mushrooms and cook 2 minutes. Add the shredded chicken and paprika to the pan, stirring well, and cook 5-6 minutes or until the mushrooms have browned lightly and the chicken is warmed through. Season the mushrooms and chicken with salt and hot sauce, stirring to combine. Turn off the heat and cover to keep warm.
- Lay out the tortillas on a cutting board. With a small 2 inch in diameter round cookie or biscuit cutter, cut out as many little tortilla circles as possible. Place the cut out tortillas on a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer. Brush each of the tortillas with olive oil and put the tray in the oven to bake for 7-10 minutes or until the tortillas are browned and firm.
- Remove the tortillas from the oven and allow them to cool for 5 minutes.
- To assemble the tostadas lay out the tostada and then spoon a little of the mushroom and chicken mixture on top of each. Next add a sprinkle of cheese and lettuce.
- Serve immediately.
Have a Fun meal!