- 1 pound uncooked shrimp
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger
- 3 cups Dashi stock, or seafood stock
- 3 cups water
- 8oz package of sliced FunGuy white button mushrooms
- ¼ ounce wakame seaweed
- 3 tablespoons light miso paste
Need to lighten up after too much rich, delicious food or just have a soup craving in need of a fix? Look no further than this beautiful FunGuy Shrimp and miso soup! No need to add a bunch of noodles or other extras, because this healthy broth is full of sliced mushrooms and yummy shrimp that are sure to satisfy that hunger craving.
- Place the shrimp in a strainer and rinse well. Remove the heads, peel, and devein the shrimp. Place the shrimp peels and heads into a large soup pot. Rinse the shrimp again and transfer them to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Peel the ginger, mince it on a cutting board, and add it to the pot.
- Pour in the dashi stock and water and place on the stove top over high heat. Bring the broth to a boil, reduce heat to medium and allow it to simmer 20 minutes. Strain the broth through into a large bowl to remove any shrimp peels and heads and return it to the pot and back onto the heat.
- Add the FunGuy mushrooms and allow them to cook 3-4 minutes or until just tender. Add in the shrimp and allow them to cook 3-4 minutes or until the shrimp have curled into a “C” shape and have turned pink. While the mushrooms cook, soak the seaweed in cold water for about 5 minutes, then add it to the broth and allow it to warm through. Turn off the heat.
- Ladle out a bit of the broth into a bowl and whisk in the miso paste. Pour the miso broth back into the pot and stir well to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Have a Fun meal!