- 8oz package of whole FunGuy white button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1oz deli sliced ham, diced
- 2 cups frozen brussel sprouts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
Try this bee-utiful FunGuy side dish with that next roast chicken or beef!
A hint of honey and butter tame these brussel sprouts to make you look at the little cabbages in a new, we might say, sweet light! Toss in some crispy ham bits, and it’ll be a people pleaser everyone can enjoy.
- Brush off any debris from the FunGuy mushrooms with a damp towel and trim the ends off. Cut the mushrooms into quarters and set them aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the brussel sprouts. Let them cook about 5 minutes or until tender. Transfer the sprouts to a strainer to drain of excess water and run cool water over them to stop the cooking. Cut the sprouts in half and let them drain in the sink for a few minutes while preparing the mushrooms.
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add in the shallot and garlic and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Next, add the diced ham and cook another 3-4 minutes or until the ham has crisped and browned. Transfer half of the shallot, garlic, and ham mixture to a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and sauté 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drizzle the honey over the mushrooms and stir to combine with the liquid at the bottom of the pan and coat the mushrooms. Add the brussel sprouts in with the mushrooms and stir well. Cook 2 more minutes then remove from the heat. Season the mushrooms and sprouts with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Have a Fun meal!