- 8oz package of sliced FunGuy white button mushrooms
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 ½ cups cooked lentils, drained
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
- ½ cup plain low fat Greek yogurt
- Salt and Black pepper
Just because the leaves are changing, doesn’t mean your diet has to as well!
Keep eating healthy while satisfying that craving for fall comfort with a bowl of these lentils and FunGuy mushrooms. The addition of spinach and Greek yogurt gives this dish a nutritious boost while still being full of creamy goodness, no guilt added!
- Heat the olive oil in a deep sauté pan over medium heat. Add in the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until the onion is tender but not browned. Add in the FunGuy mushrooms and continue to cook about 5 minutes longer.
- Stir the white wine into the mushrooms and allow it to cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 2-4 minutes. Add in the lentils and Worcestershire sauce and stir well to combine. Turn the heat down to medium low and allow it to cook about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the baby spinach to the pan, stir, turn off the heat, cover and let stand 2-3 minutes to let the spinach wilt. Stir in the Greek yogurt and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Have a Fun meal!