- 8oz package of whole FunGuy white button mushrooms
- 2 small apples or 1 large
- 1 medium onion
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground sage
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and black pepper to taste
With apple season upon us, there’s only one thing to do; make something delicious with apples and FunGuy mushrooms!
While the two delicious ingredients don’t always make it onto the same plate, everyone will be happy with this pairing with some crispy skinned roasted chicken, a spoon of sweet fall honey, and the tang of a little apple cider vinegar to pull it all together.
Everyone one will agree that it’s fall on a plate!
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Brush off any debris from the FunGuy mushrooms with a damp towel and cut them into quarters. Remove the apple cores and seeds and discard. Peel the onion and remove the root end and discard. Cut the apples into 1/4 inch thick wedges and cut the onion into ½ inch thick wedges. Set them all to the side.
- Lay the chicken leg quarters on a cutting board. In a small bowl mix together, garlic powder, onion powder, sage, black pepper, and salt. Sprinkle the seasoning over both sides of the chicken and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the skin is crisp and the juices run clear or when a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken reads 165F.
- 15 minutes before the chicken is ready prepare the mushrooms, apples, and onions.
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add in the onions and cook 3 minutes or until they start to become tender and lightly browned. Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook another 2 minutes. Next, add in the apples and sprinkle everything with cinnamon and cook 4-5 minutes more. Pour in the apple cider vinegar and stir to help remove any crispy bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Once the liquid from the vinegar has evaporated stir in the honey and cook another 5 minutes or until the apples are tender, stirring frequently. Season the mushrooms, apples, and onions with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the oven and serve immediately with the mushrooms apples and onions on top or on the side.
Have a Fun meal!