- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 ½ cups dry couscous
- 2 cups water
- 8oz package of sliced FunGuy white button mushrooms
- 1 cup pickled pearl onions, drained
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and black pepper
Had a rough day and looking to stir up a bowl of autumnal comfort? You’re in luck with this butter toasted couscous and creamy FunGuy mushroom recipe! Just add a touch of sweet balsamic vinegar and pearl onions to cut the rich sauce, but keep the luxurious flavor.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add the couscous and stir to coat it in the butter. Allow the couscous to cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Add in the water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and allow it to simmer until the couscous is cooked through and the water has been absorbed.
- While the couscous is cooking prepare the FunGuy mushrooms.
- Melt the rest of the butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add in the FunGuy mushrooms and cook 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Next, add in the pearl onions and thyme, sautéing 4-5 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar to deglaze the pan. Cook 1-2 minutes or until the balsamic has reduced down a bit.
- Pour the cream into the pan and let it simmer 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the creamy mushrooms to the couscous and stir to combine. Serve immediately.
Have a Fun meal!